- Type/Shape: 6-String Grand Auditorium
- Back & Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Top: Engelmann spruce
- Soundhole Rosette: Abalone
- Neck: Tropical American Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay: Small Pearl Dots
- Headstock Overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Binding: Indian Rosewood
- Bridge: Ebony
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Gold-plated Taylor Tuners
- Strings: Elixir® Light Gauge Strings with NANOWEB® Coating
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Neck Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fretboard Radius: 15"
- Bracing: Standard II (Forward Shifted Pattern)
- Finish: Gloss
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Electronics: Taylor Expression System®
Taylor 714CE Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar
Besides the clean, understated appointment scheme, Taylors 700 Series Rosewood guitars are set apart from other Rosewood models by the choice of either an Engelmann Spruce or Cedar top. Engelmann features a creamier complexion, with a slightly more aged tone than Sitka, and accommodates fairly aggressive playing, while the softer Cedar has a darker look and yields the kind of warmth that fingerstylists and other players with a light-to-medium touch will love. This series come with a cut away body and built in pickups.